Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life On the Campaign Trail

It's one month to go before the big election. I have a lot of campaigning to do.

When I'm out talking to people, I feel a connection and bond to the town of Rocky Hill. In one of my previous posts I described a life of constant moves when I was younger and never living in one place for more than a few years. Rocky Hill has been my address and my home for 16 years and I've never felt more at home and a had feeling of belonging more than I do here.

I want to give something back to a town that has been so welcoming to me. My one and only goal going forward is to help make Rocky Hill the best place in Connecticut for my family and other families. That means keeping this town affordable. I want to improve the schools sensibly. I want to make sure seniors that spent a lifetime here can afford to stay here. I want to keep the business climate favorable for businesses already in town and new businesses looking to locate here.

The campaign trail takes a lot of commitment. In the next few months, every morning and evening not spent at work will be attending events, knocking on doors, and standing along the road holding a sign and waving. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. This position should be earned with hard work and trust of the voters.

As a newcomer, I understand have a battle against some candidates that have spent years on the council, but I'm not discouraged in the least and eager to take on the challenge. I feel that the council seats should be earned by people that are willing to get out there and go after them, not people who are willing to sit back and ride party coattails like some of my opponents are doing in this election.

I've always said that if you want "more of the same" then vote for the same people. I'm a fighter and someone who refuses to stop until the polls close and the votes are tallied.

I ask for your vote on November 8th. You will not disappointed.

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, it was so nice meet you today. I have to admit you're a breath of fresh air and you definitely have my vote!!!

    ReplyDelete