Monday, September 5, 2011

Why I Decided to Run for Council

I think the biggest question I’m asked when people find out I’m running for town council is “Why”?

Well the decision maker for me was at a town council meeting a few months back. A wood furnace ban was being debated and some false information was being passed around during the debate. I came up to the podium and spoke against the ban and brought the facts to the table. My counter points fell on deaf ears because their minds were already made up. The vote went the usual 6-3 and the ban was enacted just because of one Democrat’s misinformation and her party affiliation. I saw firsthand how decisions in town were really being made.

We have the exact same people that are currently in office on the Democratic ballot for yet another term. It’s obvious that by looking at the schools, the numbers of lawsuits the town has defended, and the 6-3 votes that some of the leadership needs to be sent packing and replaced with some new faces. I feel they have not done their jobs.

I know what they’ve done in the past and the decisions that have been made. I can’t stand to see any more of the same.

I asked to be put on the ballot because I have no personal agenda or alliances, I will never sacrifice my convictions to the will of my party, and I will do what is in the best interest of the town.

I know there may be some Democrats reading this that vote party lines every time and some independents wondering who to vote for. My response would be, “Is voting for the status quo is the best decision for your family and this town? Or is change needed?”

Lets make some real change in November. My running mates and I can do it with your vote.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment